It is sometimes fun to make little things at home rather than buying them from store. Not only we can personalize it but also create a stunning piece from materials right at home.
As I'm setting up my creative corner, I'm going to need some beautiful decor piece and organizational stuff. And I see myself making most of them at home. One of it is DIY mouse pad!
One of the overlooked things on the working table is a mouse pad. Yes! It is ignored so terribly that the idea of making few cute, colorful mouse pads does not even cross our mind! But let me tell you this little mouse pad can actually spice up your table just like other cute decor items!
So just treat your mouse pad as one of the decor item and start making it beautiful!
Making a personalized mouse pad is going to be 15 minutes fun! Quick? Yah! I told you :)
Here is what you will need :
- Foam sheet (crock board / old mouse pad/ any surface where your mouse slides smoothly)
- Scrap cardboard (cereal box will do)
- Marker/ Pencil
- Shape stencil (I'm using saucer)
- Satin ribbon
1. First trace outline using the shape stencil on foam sheet and scrap card paper. Convert circle to oval as I did below or just keep it same. Completely your choice! I want to make an oval shape and since I did not find any stencil for it I decided to do it like this. It was quite easy to draw a oval using circle as base!
Cut the foam sheet and the scrap card paper.
Glue the scrap card sheet on the back of foam sheet. This creates a strong base for the mouse pad. If you are using a crock board instead of foam sheet scrap paper is optional.
2. Now take your favorite fabric and glue it on the foam sheet. Apply glue only on the rims of foam sheet to avoid any bumps in the middle of the mouse pad.
Stretch the fabric for smooth surface. Glue the extra fabric on back side. The mouse pad it almost ready!
3. For finishing touch glue a satin ribbon on the edges of mouse pad. Done!
Quite quick isn't it? My work table got a quick color pop up with this easy DIY mouse pad. I just loved the checks pattern on the fabric.
Why don't you try the Mickey Mouse shape for your mouse pad! Or may be an owl shape! Choose whatever you like. Go creative with shapes of your mouse pad and add some fun to your desk. What will be your mouse pad shape? Tell me in comments below.